CPR & AED Blended (Online & Classroom) Training
This blended CPR/AED course will train students to provide CPR, and how to properly use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in the safest and most effective way possible.
Trainees will learn how to respond quickly to a suddenly ill person, and how to administer CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) until more advanced medical help arrives. Students will also be trained on the proper use of an AED (automated external defibrillator).
Following successful completion of the e-learning portion, students MUST complete the hands-on skills training session to achieve their certification card.
* Please ensure students have sufficient time to complete the online training before confirming attendance at the in-person skills check *
On successful completion of both the online and in-person training, trainees will be able to recognize when someone needs CPR and be able to perform it with help from others, plus provide effective life-saving techniques until professional medical assistance arrives.
Students will also be able to:
- Understand variations in chest compressions
- Describe the length of time needed to perform CPR
- Explain what NOT to do
- Check both a conscious and unconscious person for life-threatening conditions
- Identify the signs of heart attack and/or stroke
This blended CPR/AED training will cover the following topics:
- How to recognize a heart emergency, describe how to respond to a heart attack, and identify the causes
- Understanding CPR and how to perform it
- Describe and demonstrate how an AED works
- Identify the signals of sudden illness
- Variations in chest compressions and how to perform them
This blended learning First Aid course requires the online portion to be completed first, followed by the in-person session focused on skills practice & testing. Upon successful completion, students will receive a certification card that is valid for two years.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for delegates who want to learn CPR and proper use of an AED but prefer the option of completing part of the training remotely and at their own pace.
* Please ensure students have sufficient time to complete the e-learning portion of the class before registering for the in-person skills check. Should a student arrive for their in-person session without having completed the online portion, attendance will be refused and no refund or reschedule will be provided. *
Don't see what you are looking for? Please give us a call at 480-779-9969