First Aid/ AED/ CPR Training
The First Aid / CPR / AED Class will give students an understanding of the role, priorities and responsibilities of a first aid rescuer, minor injuries and the skills needed to respond to life-threatening emergencies.
On this first aid course students will learn how to describe the key steps in first aid actions for life threatening conditions including heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock and stroke.
Trainees will learn how to give immediate care to a suddenly injured or ill person, such as how to give CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), until more advanced medical help arrives to take over. Students will also learn how to use an AED (automated external defibrillator).
On successful completion of the First Aid / CPR / AED Class, trainees will be able to use bandaging, control bleeding, recognize common injuries and common illnesses, recognize when someone needs CPR and perform CPR with help from others, plus give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask.
Students will also be able to:
- check and care for an injured person
- identify how to reduce the risk of disease transmission when giving care
- know when to move an injured person from a dangerous scene
- know how to check both a conscious and unconscious person for life-threatening conditions
- identify the signs of shock
The First Aid / CPR / AED Class will cover the following topics:
- How to recognize a cardiac emergency, describe how to care for a heart attack and list the causes
- Understand the role of CPR and demonstrate how to use it
- Recognize the signals of a breathing emergency and how to deal with someone choking
- Understand and demonstrate how a defibrillator works
- Identify the signals of sudden illness
- Care for someone who is having a seizure
- Identify signals of head, neck and spinal injuries and explain how to care for these
- Explain how to care for muscle, bone and joint injuries
- Demonstrate how to control external bleeding
This classroom-based training will include video-based lessons and hands-on skills practice. On successful completion of this First Aid course trainees will receive a First Aid CPR AED course completion certificate, which is valid for two years.
Who Should Attend
Workers who have an interest in first aid in the workplace and employers who want to make sure they meet regional and national compliance standards for workplace safety.
Don't see what you are looking for? Please give us a call at 480-779-9969