NYC 8 Hour DOB Concrete Safety Manager Refresher Course
This NYC 8-Hour DOB Concrete Safety Manager Refresher course is a comprehensive review of Chapter 33 and the Rules of the City of New York that pertain to public protection for concrete construction. During the course, students will be reintroduced to the hazards of working the New York City and the specific methods and work practices that are necessary for concrete construction in urban areas.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the NYC DOB Building Code (Chapters 33 and 19) and Rules of the City of New York (3310) for concrete safety.
- Identify rules and regulations that were enacted after serious concrete accidents.
- Clearly communicate the reasons for NYC DOB safety rules on concrete projects.
- Recognize NYC specific hazards for concrete construction and the control methods for those hazards.
This 8-Hour Concrete Safety Manager Refresher Training course will cover the following subjects: :
- Introduction to concrete safety management
- Concrete accidents
- NYC DOB Concrete Safety Manager Certification requirements
- OSHA construction standards overview
- NYC building code overview
- NYC agency overview (DOB, DOT, DEP)
- Concrete construction, inspection and stripping operations
- Rigging, scaffolds, hoisting, and crane operations
- Site safety plan requirements
- Safety protocol for concrete
- Safety violations
- Safe use of tools
- Recurring problems
- Jobsite emergency preparedness procedures
Attendees will be required to attend full learning hours. Students are required to achieve a passing score of 70% or greater on final course exam to receive the course completion certificate and verification letter.
Who should attend
This course is designed for licensed NYC DOB Concrete Safety Managers (CSM) who are intending to renew their certification
Students registering for this course must provide evidence a valid DOB Concrete Safety Manager License. The NYC DOB requires refresher training to be completed within one year of the expiration of the current license.
Don't see what you are looking for? Please give us a call at 480-779-9969