IPAF MEWPs for Supervisors E-Learning
If you manage or supervise sites with Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs), this Online IPAF MEWPs for Supervisors Course covers everything you need to ensure the safety of all workers on site. You’ll learn how to carry out thorough risk assessments, plan the job cost-effectively, choose the right equipment and reduce the chance of workplace injury.
The IPAF MEWPs for Supervisors Training is an E-Learning course. Students should allow 4-8 hours for their online training which must be taken on a computer/laptop or tablet with a camera. This course cannot be completed on a smartphone. It is vital that the device has a camera, as IPAF will use facial recognition to ensure identification throughout the course and test.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – The correct student email address MUST be supplied at the time of booking for e-learning. The IPAF link will NOT work if the registration email is forwarded to a different email address.
This does not provide information on how to operate equipment.
By the end of this e-learning IPAF training course, you’ll have thorough understanding of:
- Relevant health and safety regulations for working at height
- Accident prevention and control
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- Emergency procedures
- Equipment – selection, maintenance and safety checks
- Machine types and operation manuals
This IPAF course is made up of self-paced online modules, which cover the following topics:
- Pre-course theory test
- IPAF and PAL card overview
- Machine classifications
- Types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) and their usage
- Maintenance and daily checks
- MEWP safety regulations and guidance
- Understanding hazards
- Safe operator methods and training
- MEWP personal fall protection equipment
- Hire terms and conditions
- Online test
On successful completion of the online theory test, you’ll receive an electronic IPAF Certificate of Training and the MEWPs for Supervisors qualification, both of which can be accessed via the IPAF ePAL app along with the logbook and safety information. All certifications are handled directly by IPAF.
Please note, completion of this course does not qualify you to operate powered access equipment.
Who is this Course for?
Whether you work in construction, facilities management, airports or retail, this course is for anyone responsible for planning or managing the use of MEWPs on a job site, including:
- Project managers
- Site supervisors