Fall Protection E-learning Course
This 4-hour online Fall Protection course has been developed to provide instruction on fall protection systems in a construction setting. The main topics covered will include fall protection systems, how to select fall protection measures, OSHA standards in relation to fall protection and inspection and maintenance of fall protection systems.
OSHA estimates that due to falls from elevations covered under subpart M, at least 68,000 injuries and 95 fatalities occur every year. One OSHA study of 99 fall-related fatalities suggests that virtually all of those deaths could have been prevented by the use of guardrails, body belts, body harnesses, safety nets, covers, or other means which would reduce employee exposure to the fall hazard.
Anyone wishing to complete this course must have high-speed internet access and a web camera.
On successful completion of this online fall protection course, you will be able to:
- Understand the consequences of workplace falls
- Understand OSHA regulations and regulatory requirements related to fall protection
- Describe when and how fall protection systems are commonly used
- Identify instances when retraining is necessary
- Explain the steps involved in performing a fall protection inspection
This Online 4 Hour Fall Protection course will cover the following topics:
- OSHA Standards
- Selection of fall protection measures
- Inspection and maintenance
- Types of fall protection systems
- Identification of hazards
Delegates will be required to attend full online learning hours and achieve a pass rate of at least 70% on the written assessment.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for all construction workers, supervisors, and competent persons whose job requires fall protection.